United Methodist Women
United Methodist Women is the largest denominational faith organization for women with approximately 800,000 members whose mission is fostering spiritual growth, developing leaders and advocating for justice.
Members raise up to $20 million each year for programs and projects related to women, children and youth in the United States and in more than 100 countries around the world.
The organized unit of United Methodist Women shall be a community of women whose purpose is:
- To know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ.
- To develop a creative supportive fellowship.
- To expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church.
The Purpose is adopted by the General Conference of the United Methodist Church as the official mission statement of United Methodist Women.
Out of the Purpose are four mission foci:
- To be a community of women
- To know God
- To develop a creative and supportive fellowship
- To expand concepts of mission
Each focus relates to the mission initiatives and priorities of United Methodist Women.