District Secretary Job Description
|Job Title:||District Administrative Assistant||Job Category:||Non-Exempt|
|Department/Group:||District Operations||Job Code/ Req#:||Flexible payment arrangement|
|Level/Salary Range:||Non-exempt, approx. $25,500 annually||Position Type:||Part Time|
|Direct Supervisor:||District Superintendent||Hours Per Week:||20|
- Receptionist for district office
- Create/Maintain all Correspondence to and from district office (composition/writing/distribution via email or USPS). Following are examples of correspondence
- Meeting notices for boards and committees
- Correspondence to and from District Superintendent
- Information to pastors and church leaders regarding such information as meetings, district/conference events, workshops, etc.
- Publicity for district/conference events
- Serve as administrator for district web page and social media connections (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) [We have a Pastor Volunteer currently]
- Gather, write, and publish the monthly district newsletter
- Maintain/balance district checkbook and accounts; complete annual audit.
- Manage office budget including creating and submitting vouchers for payment of invoices
- Purchase office supplies.
- Be proficient in Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook Express)
- Use Church Profile Report and Minister Profile Report for information (esp. during appointment-making time)
- Maintain church, district committee, district board files, including but not limited to:
- Charge Conference reports, including reports from any special (called) charge or church conferences;
- Local church information
o Pastor evaluations;
- District boards and committee documents (Church Location and Building, Congregational Development, District Committee on Ordained Ministry, Connectional Ministries, etc.;
- Maintain pastor files (personnel, disciplinary, and commendation).
- Work with District Committee on Ordained Ministry, Conference Office of Clergy Services, and candidates for ministry. Maintain the files for Committee and candidates. Coordinate with Office of Clergy Services.
- Send meeting notices to district committees when a meeting is scheduled.
- Serve as liaison between district office and Conference offices
- Make arrangements for district clergy gatherings, including, but not limited to, monthly clergy meetings, holiday celebrations, sending forth service, district training events
- Manage district superintendent’s calendar; schedule his/her meetings, church visits; schedule district meetings; publish meeting notices on district web page and on calendar of events on Conference web page
- Manage registration for any district events; receive registration fees
- Other duties as assigned by the District Superintendent.
· Preferred Skills
- Ability to maintain a sustained work effort with frequent interruptions.
- In addition the ideal candidate will have demonstrated
1) Excellent customer service skills, particularly related to telephone and email communication
2) Organizational and time management skills
3) Basic bookkeeping knowledge. Must maintain confidentiality in all matters. A background check, including credit check, is required.
- Be sympathetic with the Christian faith and purposes of the United Methodist Denomination.
For additional information or to apply email email@example.com or text 1-864-910-0664.