The South Carolina United Methodist Conference in coordination with stop hunger now, are hosting the SC Hunger Project event on Tuesday June 9th during Annual Conference at the Florence Civic center.
We need your help to raise $86,000 to buy the supplies to package over 285,000 meals that are scheduled to be delivered to Haiti. Half of the $86,000 needs to be received by May 1st to purchase the supplies for Stop Hunger Now. Please contribute now, there is no need to wait until Annual Conference.
Fighting Hunger Locally
Fighting hunger isn’t just about sending food to foreign countries. As part of our local efforts to fight hunger we ask that you bring non-perishable food items with you to Annual Conference. In addition, any contributions that exceed the $86,000 goal will be given to local hunger ministries through the South Carolina Conference Board of Global Ministries.
Volunteers are also needed on June 9th to help package meals. Volunteer registration will be available shortly and more information will be released soon.
Youth are encouraged to participate in both the Stop Hunger Now Packaging Event as well as attend the special Tuesday Evening Worship Service.
Read the full article from the January Advocate here: http://www.advocatesc.org/2014/12/stop-hunger-now-to-be-ac2015-service-project/
Contributions may be mailed to the Conference treasurer at:
P.O. Box 3787. | Columbia, SC 29230
Contribute through the conference website by choosing the options above.
Do not donate through the stop hunger now website.
(This will ensure that extra funds can be given to local hunger ministries)
We also need 1000 non-delegate volunteers to help us package the meals.
You MUST register online to be able to participate in the packaging.
To Register Online Click Here. (Do Not Donate through the Stop Hunger Now Website)
We are asking that ONLY youth groups register for the 3rd shift.
(2:00-4:30pm) Youth will be provided pizza followed by worship.
- Due to the requirements of Stop Hunger Now, each youth will need to be registered individually by a parent or guardian to be able to package meals. All youth are welcome to participate in the packaging event and to stay for pizza and worship.
- Youth leaders must attend with their youth groups for the 3rd shift.
General Schedule for The Stop Hunger Now Packaging Event
- Shift 1 – 8:00am – 10:30am
- Shift 2 – 11:00am – 1:30pm
- Shift 3 – 2:00pm – 4:30pm
- Youth dinner – 5:30pm – 6:30pm
- Evening Worship – 7:30pm
Can’t participate on the 9th? No problem here are some other ways to help!
- Pray for those that are able to participate. Pray for those who are hungry.
- Contribute online (see options above)
- Start or volunteer at a local hunger ministry.
- Contact Stop Hunger Now and schedule your own event.
- Help your church gather non-perishable food items to bring to Annual Conference in Florence.